Winter morning sun and Christmas wreath at the Edwardian House Project

Christmas Wreath  - in focus ;-)

When I woke up, the front of our house was lit up with unexpectedly warm morning sun. So I took some photos. Enjoy!

Christmas Wreath from Round Green Fruiterers
The Christmas Wreath is from the Mini's shop in Round Green. First I wasn't sure - I thought it was too big and told off the OH. But actually, it looks quite regal together with the refurbished lead windows.

Reclaimed sandstone steps, cobbled together from ours and our neighbours' houses down the road

The linseed paint on the door has settled in nicely, next year I'll paint the sides of the porch, I promise. 


One day I will find a solution for that gas meter box on the right-hand side. Why were these just mounted slap bang in the middle of period home frontages? Isn't there a better solution? Couldn't they have gone in the ginnel/side return, up high, or at least lower down? Different colour? What have other people done? I might just paint ours black, to start with. One day...




Euphorbia
The euphorbia was a gift from a friend who helped us design the layout of our gardens and who moved back to Germany years ago. The plant is still going strong and happily self seeding.  :)

Memphis the cat
Memphis was hungry, so she went out of the back door and came back in at the front (where I was standing with the camera), to usher me towards the kitchen. 

Popular Posts